Surface Clean Banbury needs to keep certain information about its customers To comply with the law, information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed to any other person unlawfully. To do this, Surface Clean Banbury must comply with the Data Protection Principles, which are set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”).
Data protection policy
Our data protection policy sets out our commitment to protecting personal data and how we implement that commitment with regards to the collection and use of personal data.
We are committed to:
● ensuring that we comply with the eight data protection principles, as listed below
● meeting our legal obligations as laid down by the Data Protection Act 1998
● ensuring that data is collected and used fairly and lawfully
● processing personal data only in order to meet our operational needs or fulfil legal requirements
● taking steps to ensure that personal data is up to date and accurate
● establishing appropriate retention periods for personal data
● ensuring that data subjects' rights can be appropriately exercised
● providing adequate security measures to protect personal data
● ensuring that a nominated officer is responsible for data protection compliance and provides a point of contact for all data protection issues
● ensuring that all staff are made aware of good practice in data protection
● providing adequate training for all staff responsible for personal data
● ensuring that everyone handling personal data knows where to find further guidance
● ensuring that queries about data protection, internal and external to the organisation, is dealt with effectively and promptly
regularly reviewing data protection procedures and guidelines within the organisation.
Data protection principles
● Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
● Personal data shall be obtained for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
● Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
● Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
● Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
● Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Data Protection Act 1998.
● Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised and unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
How is your information used.
We keep your data to ensure we can carry out our business effectively and provide you with the best possible service.
Photos are sometimes used to show a before and after comparison of our work. These are used on our website and Facebook page to help promote our business. Care is taken not to link photos to customers names and addresses.
We may use your information to:
Provide you with a quotation.
Keep you updated on job bookings.
Provide you with invoices and track payments
To answer queries before and during a contract
Identify your home on google maps or other mapping apps and satellite navigation systems
Show photos and videos of our work on our website, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Linkedin and Twitter pages to show the quality of our services
We believe that all these purposes are justified and will enable the smooth running of a business and help us provide you with an excellent service.
Type of data held
- Customer Name, address, email and telephone number
- Photo and video images of pre and post work. Indefinitely
How is your date held
- Gmail, secured with a password
-Quick Edit app, secured with password
- iphone and ipad (calendar), password protected
- Wix.com website hosting and invoicing software, password protected.
We use Gmail, a third party email provider. They use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic in line with government standards. If your email service doesn’t support TLS, you should be aware that any email we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
We use Vonage to provide us with VOIP telephone and answer phone services. We use Vodafone to provide us with mobile phone services.
We use Apple iPhone and Apple iPad. Passcode protected.
Keeping your data secure
When you give us personal information we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely and strive to protect it on our systems.
Cookies use on our website
Who has access to your information
Mark Smith Owner and operator of Surface Clean Banbury has access to the information you provide.
Debbie Smith Partner P.A has access to the information
We do not sell or rent your personal data or information to any third party or share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We will disclose your data or information if required by law. For example by a court order for prevention of fraud or other crimes or if requested by the inland revenue for tax purposes.
Invoices are shared with an accountant for accounting purposes. They can not use you data for their own purposes.